- When you register with the English Book’s website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform English Book as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the English Book’s website, and update the relevant section.
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with English Book Limited, whose registered office is situated at English Book in Georgia, 116 Paliashvili Street, Tbilisi, Georgia, 0179 company registration number 610095 (English Book in Georgia).
- English Book must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment is not taken until the point of despatch of the goods to you from our distribution center. Once payment has been received English Book will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your registration form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. English Book acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- English Book is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Withdrawal by you from the contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the five working day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give English Book any reason for withdrawing your order nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- The only circumstance in which you cannot withdraw your order is where you have taken the goods you have ordered (or the ones in relation to which you want to withdraw) out of the sealed package in which they were delivered.
- To withdraw your order you must notify English Book in writing at the address set out in the Find us section of this website.
- If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the English Book’s address at your own cost and risk, unless the goods were supplied faulty or damaged. If you withdraw your order but English Book has already processed the goods for delivery and you have received them, you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to English Book at the English Book’s address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified English Book that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited to English Book from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
Availability of goods you order
If English Book has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by English Book from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and English Book will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. English Book will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Please note: we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out at promotional price can take a few hours to update. Please note that the price the goods are offered for tender are as displayed in the Shopping Basket. Rest assured your credit card will only be debited as your order or individual items from your order are dispatched.
Prices exclude postage and packing. Promotions apply to listed titles only, which are subject to change and availability. If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price. Please note that on 3 for 2 promotions (and other multi-buy offers), the lowest priced title will always be the ‘free’ item.
Delivery of goods to you
- English Book will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give English Book at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee (ie the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of despatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are despatched to you from our distribution centre.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that English Book has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. English Book recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
This is as follows:
- If the goods English Book delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, English Book shall have no liability to you unless you notify English Book of the problem, in writing within 5 working days of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 3 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, English Book shall have no liability to you unless you notify English Book in writing at the English Book’s contact address of the problem within 5 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to English Book under this condition, English Book only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid in which case English Book’s e-coupons will be issued to the value of the refund due.
- English Book will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to English Book under this condition and English Book shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit English Book’s liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right, which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
English Book shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which English Book excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
English Book operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Services at the following address:
Customer Services, English Book in Georgia Ltd, Nestan Darejani street 1, 3m/r, didi digomi, Tbilisi (correspondence only, no returns to this address please).
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. English Book shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
English Book is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, English Book makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of English Book howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither English Book nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Promotional discount codes
We may occasionally offer discount codes to customers. Discount codes are exclusive of online postage and packaging and can only be used once per person with one discount code to be used per transaction. Discount codes cannot be used with any other voucher, coupon or offer. Discount codes can only be used at time of purchase and not retrospectively. Discount codes can only be used on Onlinebookshop.ge and not in English Book’s store. Discounts do not apply to Kindle, Kindle accessories, Gift cards, Magazine Subscriptions or Click & Collect.
They also do not apply to any partner sites such as Bookshops.ge and Blog. We reserve the right to withdraw codes at any time.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of English Book’s, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with English Book, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of English Book is strictly prohibited.